Description & Features
The top lid gives you plenty of control over a hot fire. Leave the lid open for darker, more crispy skin on your chicken or close the lid for beautiful, golden-brown skin. Height adjustment brackets for the charcoal pan let you bring the heat closer to the grate for steaks or hundreds of hamburgers and hotdogs.
Charcoal / wood-fired. Not available in gas/propane. Holds 40+ lbs. of chicken (1 case of legs and thighs).
Features of the BBQ42 BBQ Pit
- 5″ Hinged Lid
- Rotating double-sided grate made of food-grade T304 stainless steel rod which won’t rust.
- Charcoal Pan Insert
- Vents in Lid
- Charcoal Pan Height Adjustment Brackets
- 13″ Tires
- Grill body is made of 13-gauge welded steel and painted with black heat-resistant paint in an attractive matte finish.
- Calibratable Stainless Steel Thermometer
- Overall Dimensions 39”h x 56”l x 34”w
- Grate Dimensions 22” x 40”
- Number of Grates 1
- Optional Flat Grate Dimensions 22” x 41”
- Cooking Area 6.11 sq. ft. (880 sq. in.)
- Cooking Area of Flat Grate 6.26 sq. ft. (902 sq. in.)
- Space Between Wires on Flat Grate 1/2”
- Space Between Grate and Bottom of Cooker 16”
- Grate Style Wire Grid With 1/2″ Spacing
- Metal Thickness 13 Gauge
- Net Weight 238 lbs.
- Shipping Weight 310 lbs.
- Capacity of Chicken 40 lbs.
- Capacity of Hamburgers 32
- Capacity of Spare Ribs 4-5